Indice de Foros
Foro Cartesia
Geomática y Topografía 
  Cartesia · Crea tu Blog · Cursos · Contacta · Publicidad   · Cartesia twitter ·
 Avanzada
 Indice  FAQFAQ  Registrarse EntrarEntrar 

IDENTIFY THE BEST LOCATION TO BUILD A DAM   
Publicar nuevo tema   Responder al tema    Indice de Foros -> Geomatics and Surveying
Tema Anterior :: Tema siguiente  
Autor Mensaje
Pleyades

MensajePublicado: Fri 08 Mar 2013, 19:27    Asunto: IDENTIFY THE BEST LOCATION TO BUILD A DAM Responder citando

Hi,

I'm a GIS student trying to carry out the task below:

Identify the best location to build a dam (assuming homogeneous impermeable bedrock). The length of the dam cannot exceed 500m and its height cannot exceed 50m.

I was provided by a satellite image which I have georectified. I have digitalised the streamnetwork and created the DTM, slope, flow direction and flow accumulation maps. I have also designed a buffer of 250m radium around the river.

I don't know how to continue. All the information that I have found on internet is too complicated for my current knowledge of GIS. I need to find a simple solution.

I would be very grateful if somebody could help me.

Thanks.
Ver perfil de usuario Enviar mensaje privado
Pleyades

MensajePublicado: Fri 08 Mar 2013, 19:36    Asunto: ARCGIS 10 Responder citando

The program that I use is ARCGIS 10
Ver perfil de usuario Enviar mensaje privado
sohar

MensajePublicado: Fri 29 Aug 2014, 13:07    Asunto: Responder citando

This is very good post